- WEA General Assembly 2019
Knowing that we can do nothing meaningful without prayer, the World Evangelical Alliance General Assembly dedicated an hour of its Monday morning (November 11) plenary session to prayer, guided by Dick Eastman, one of the world’s best-known prayer instructors.
Eastman, international president of Every Home for Christ, distributed a special General Assembly edition of his “world prayer map,” which divides the world’s 228 countries into 31 groups (one for each day of a month). Delegates then split into pairs and prayed for the countries listed under the day of the month on which they were born. In that way, Eastman indicated, the delegates would pray for the whole world in just a few minutes.
Eastman recommended five areas of prayer for the nations:
1. Open hands: prayer for God to raise up laborers for the global harvest. (Eastman called this the “Great Condition,” alluding to Jesus’ instruction in Matthew 9:37–38.)
2. Open doors: prayer for removal of the many obstacles that hinder the spread of the gospel.
3. Open minds: prayer that unbelievers would be willing to listen to the gospel when it is presented to them.
4. Open hearts: prayer that the scales may be lifted from the eyes of unbelievers so that their hearts will be open to receiving Christ.
5. Open heaven: prayer that the gospel may bring total transformation to nations and people globally.
The delegates then prayed for three intended outcomes of this General Assembly:
– That WEA leaders will champion a new era of disciple making;
– That the WEA will champion the development of healthy intergenerational leadership; and
– That the WEA will champion a movement among its members to be agents of awakening, both spiritually and institutionally.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @WEAGA2019 and use the hashtag #jakarta2019 to share your excitement!
All rights reserved. Copyright @ 2019 World Evangelical Alliance.